Students and educators may be interested in this great resource, which puts together some simple guidelines for LGBT inclusivity in the classroom.
The link above provides more details, but here are the five ways suggested to ensure LGBT inclusivity in the classroom:
- Treat the topic with academic respect.
- Be aware of your students’ comfort or discomfort levels.
- Update your subject-matter topics and reference materials.
- Encourage the use of appropriate terms. Discourage language that’s inappropriate.
- Vow to become an ally for social equality.
For more information, and an easy to follow description of each of these, read the full article here.