It’s that time again… time for us to start planning on our attendance at the annual Iowa LGBT Governor’s Conference! This has been a great experience for students who have attended in the past, and we expect it to be a wonderful event again this year.
The conference takes place on April 23rd this year, which is a Monday. Students will need to receive permission from parents and teachers in order to attend. Permission forms will be handed out in early February; the deadline for the forms will be announced at that time (and updated here).
We will be departing Vernon at 5:30 AM (early, I know – but you can sleep in the van!) in order to make it in time for the beginning activities of the day, so please make sure you can be here by then. *
- When: Monday, April 23rd, 2018
- Where: Des Moines Performing Arts Center, Walnut Street
- Who: All Vernon GSA members may attend with parent and teacher permission
- For further info, check out Iowa Safe School’s page on the conference, here.
* See Mr. Lang if you need to be picked up from home or need to make other arrangements.
Please fill out the form below if you plan on attending!